• About Base Structures UK Ltd
• What personal data we collect
• How we use your personal information
• Who we share your information with and why
• How we keep your information secure
• How to access your information
About Base Structures UK Ltd
Base Structures UK Ltd is a tensile structures and structural fabric expert. We work with construction contractors, architects, designers, engineers and artists to create high-quality tensile fabric solutions and structural installations. Our contact information is as follows:
Address: Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Ave, Bristol, BS4 1NL
Phone: 0117 911 5250
What personal data we collect
We collect certain personal information about you, this includes your name, address, or phone number and other information. We collect this information about you when you:
• use our website
• contact us about our products or services
• receive our products or services
• sign up to receive one of our newsletters
• apply to be a preferred supplier
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and will include:
• your contact details
• information to verify your identity
• financial and bank details
• IP addresses, these to not allow us to identify you personally but give us information about location, language and date and time of your visit to our website.
We collect personal information from you at the start of our relationship (e.g.: if you contact us about our products or services). We may also collect information about you from other sources such as:
• Cookies, these do not allow us to identify you personally but give us information about how you use the website.
• External third parties (e.g.: HMRC to verify subcontractors tax status or our credit insurers for credit ratings of prospective customers)
We keep your personal information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or for legal or regulatory reasons. Personal information will be securely disposed of when it is no longer required in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
How we use your personal information
We process your information for the following purposes.
To perform our contract with you and to support and maintain that relationship. This includes:
• providing our products or services to you
• record keeping for administrative purposes
• providing other relevant services e.g. maintenance and product aftercare
For specific business purposes to enable us to provide you with appropriate products and services and a secure experience. Our business purposes include the following:
• providing periodic communications which we think will be of relevance to you
• customer satisfaction research
• understand user behaviour and monitor performance of our website for continual improvement
• audit and record keeping purposes
• enhancing the security of our network and information systems
• maintaining effective management systems including internal reporting
Who we share your information with and why
• Internal employees
• Business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of a contract or project
• Online marketing platform such as MailChimp/Intuit, we share email addresses only with MailChimp/Intuit for the sole purpose of administering our periodic newsletters
We may disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances:
• In the event we buy or sell our business and data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
• Where we are under a duty to comply with a legal obligation, are required to protect our rights or safety of customers or others
• Credit checking by external agencies or insurers for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
It will never be used for:
• Marketing purposes outside of Base Structure’s newsletter updates
• Sold to 3rd party companies
• Used for targeting or display advertising
• Used for spam activity or to send otherwise unwanted/offensive material
How we keep your Information Secure
Your information will be stored in our internal database, project files, emails and our website where you have signed up or used a contact form. We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold and we continue to review our security controls and related policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
When we do contract with third parties, we require that they have appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality measures in place to ensure that personal information is kept secure.
How to access your information
If you wish to access your personal data held by Base Structures UK you can contact us to request a copy of the data we hold, or for your data to be updated or to be deleted. You can request this by emailing us at email@example.com
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your data protection rights. To make enquiries or make a complaint please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.